Listen to me,
I will give you some pieces of advice,
1. Eware of Greeks bearing gifts.
2. Corruption of the best becomes the
3. Councils of war never fight.
4. Courting and wooing bring dallying and
5. Cowards die often.
6. Do not count your chickens before they
7. Do not cross the bridge before you come
8. Do not meet troubles halfway.
9. Do not keep all your eggs in one basket.
10. Do not look a gift horse in the mouth.
11. Do not make a present of a knife, for it
will cut love.
12. Every little helps.
13. Many a littl makes mickle.
14. Every man for himself, and the devil
take the hindmost.
15. Every man has his price.
16. Every man is the architect of his own
17. First catch your hare.
18. then cook him
19. Catch the bear before you sell its skin.
20. Don’t count your chickens before they
21. First come, first served.
22. He should have a long spoon who sups
with the dedevil.
23. He that buys land buys many stones; he
that buys meat buys many bones.
24. He that goes a-borrowing goes a-
25. Ill weeds grow apace.
26. In for a penny, in for a pound.
27. In love is no lack.
28. Love has no lack.
29. Where love is, there’s no lack.
30. Constant dripping wears away a stone.
31. Slow and steady wins the race.
32. Little thieves are hanged, but great ones
33. Marriages are made in heaven.
34. Marriages are made in heaven.
35. Marriage is a lottery.
36. Marriage is destiny.
37. Marry in May, rue for aye.
38. Marry in haste, and repent at leisure.
39. If you would be happy for a week take a
40. No cross, no crown.
41. No folly to being in love.
42. No folly, to love.
43. Love is blind.
44. One eyewitness is better than ten
45. One for the mouse, one for the crow,
one to rot, one to grow.
46. Give and take is fair play.
47. One good turn deserves another.
48. Speech is silver, silence is golden.
Sing before breakfast, you’ll cry before
49. Six hours’ sleep for a man, seven for a
woman, and eight for a fool.
50. Slow and steady wins the race.
51. Slow but sure wins the race.
52. constant dripping wears away a stone.
53. Rome was not built in a day.
54. The course of true love never did run
55. Love and envy make a man pine.
56. Who may woo but cost?
57. Love’s beginning is fear, middle sin,
and end grief and annoyance.
58. When love puts in, friendship is gone.
59. Love and lordship like no fellowship.
60. Scepters and suitors hate competitors.
61. When one door shuts, another opens.
62. where one door shuts, another opens
63. That one will not, another will.
64. Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
65. He that has love in his breast has spurs
in his sides.
66. A willing mind makes a light foot.
67. A wrlling mind makes a hard journey
68. Where your will is ready, your feet are
69. Labour is light where love does pay.
70. Love makes cowards courageous.
71. Love makes one fit for any work.
72. The devil is not so black as he is
73. The darkest place is under the
74. The darkest hour is that before the
75. Clothes does not make the man.
76. Appearances are deceptive.
77. The cowl does not make the monk.
78. Love goes never without fear.
79. Love is a sweet torment.
80. War, hunting, and love are as full of
trouble as pleasure.
81. Of honey and gall in love there is store.
82. Love is full of trouble.
Just take good care of yourself!
Life isn’t as easy as you think,
A Maxim is an aid to life,