Listen to me,
I will give you some pieces of advice,
1. A cat has nine lives.
2. Beggars cannot be choosers.
3. Believe not all that you see nor half what
4. Desperate diseases need desperate
5. Listeners never hear any good of
6. All is fair in love and war.
7. Give him an inch and he’ll take a yard.
8. Give the devil his due.
9. Haste is from the devil.
10. Better bend than break.
11. If you can’t bite, never show your teeth.
12. Never make a threat you cannot carry
out.If you can’t stand the heat, get out
of the kitchen.
13. Lovers’ vows are not to be trusted.
14. When the heart is full of lust, the
mouth’s full of leasings.
15. Justice pleases few in their own house.
16. Kindness will creep where it cannot go.
17. Let sleeping dogs lie.
18. Liberty is not licence.
19. Many a true word is spoken in jest.
20. Never put off till tomorrow what may be
21. One of these days is none of these days.
22. Tomorrow never comes.
23. Procrastination is the thief of time.
24. An old man in love hug’s death.
25. Old soldiers never die.
26. Poverty is no disgrace, but it is a great
27. Poverty is no sin.
28. Revenge is sweet.
29. Revolutions are not made with rose-
30. See a pin and pick it up, all the day
you’ll have good luck; see a pin and let
it lie, bad luck you’ll have all the day.
31. Like father, like son.
32. Like mother, like daughter.
33. Virtue is its own reward.
34. We must learn to walk before we can
35. You cannot have it both ways.
36. A chain is no stronger than its weakest
37. A change is as good as a rest.
38. Best is cheapest.
39. Honesty is the best policy.
40. Cleanliness is next to godliness.
41. Clothes make the man.
42. Diamond cut diamond.
43. When Greek meets Greek, then comes
the tug of war.Different strokes for
44. Empty vessels make the most sound.
45. Enough is as good as a feast.
46. All is lawful in love and war.
47. Love is lawless.
48. Give credit where credit is due.
49. Give us the tools, and we will finish the
50. Haste makes waste.
51. If you don’t like it, you can lump it.
52. If you don’t make mistakes you don’t
53. King arthur did not violate the refuge of
54. Kings have long arms.
55. Life is not all beer and skittles.
56. Life is sweet.
57. Many go out for wool and come home
58. Many hands make light work.
59. Never say ”die”.
60. Once a priest, always a priest.
61. Once a thief, always a thief.
62. Power corrupts.
63. Practice is better than precept.
64. Practice makes perfect.
65. Robin Hood could brave all weathers
but a thaw wind.
66. Roma was not built in a day.
67. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
68. Seeing is believing.
69. The apples on the other side of the wall
are the sweetest.
70. Vows made in storm are forgotten in
71. The danger is past and God is
72. Wedlock is a padlock.
73. Well begun is half done.
74. What can you expect from a hog but a
75. A door is either shut or open.
76. You cannot run with the hare and hunt
with the hounds.
77. You cannot have your cake and eat it.
78. Variety is the spice of life.
A cherry year, a merry year; a plum
year, a dumb year.
79. A constant guest is never welcome.
80. Better an open enemy than a false
81. Better be the head of a dog than the tail
of a lion.
82. The tailor makes the man.
83. Fine feathers make fine birds.
84. It takes all sorts to make a world.
85. Live and let live.
86. Diligence is the mother of good luck.
87. Enter upon love when you will; but give
over when you can.
88. A man has free choice to begin love but
not to end it.
89. Faithful love will never turn to hate.
90. Familiarity breeds contempt.
91. God helps them who help themselves.
92. God made the country and man made
93. Haste makes waste.
94. Haste is from the devil.
95. He who makes no mlstakes makes
96. Failure teaches success.
97. Government have long arms.
98. Kissing goes by favor.
99. Light come, Iight go.
Just take good care of yourself!