Listen to me,
I will give you some pieces of advice,
1. You can take a horse to the water, but
you can’t make him drink.
2. You cannot burn the candle at both
3. Do not make me kiss, and you will
not make me sin.
4. Variety is the spice of life.
5. Unequal marriages are seldom happy.
6. That one will not, another will.
7. Scepters and suitors hate competitors.
8. Raw veal and chickens make fat
9. Quietness is best, as the fox said
when he bit the cock’s head off
10. Old love and brands are kindled in
11. What is worth doing at all is worth
12. Never is a long time.
13. Man’s extremity is God’s
14. Least said, soonest mended.
15. Keep your shop and your shop will
16. Keep your tongue within your teeth.
17. Judge not a book by its cover.
18. If ifs and ands were pots and pans,
there’d be no work for tinkers’
hands. If you can’t be good, be careful.
19. Hard cases make bad law.
20. Give and take is fair play.
21. Fair words butter no parsnips.
22. Home is home though it’s never so
23. Delays are the death of suitors.
24. Don’t count your chickens before
they are hatched.
25. Beauty draws more than oxen.
26. A bellowing cow soon forgets her
Just take good care of yourself!