Listen to me,
I will give you some pieces of advice,
1. A little learning is a dangerous thing.
2. Bad money drives out good.
3. Calf love, half love old love, cold love.
4. Dead men tell no tales.
5. Early to bed and early to rise makes
a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
6. Fact is stranger than fiction.
7. Genius is ten percent inspiration and
ninety percent perspiration.
8. Habit is second nature.
9. If Jack’s in love, he’s no iudge of
10. Jack of all trades and master of
11. Keep a thing seven years and you’ll
always find a use for it.
12. Labour is light where love does pay.
(I feel depressed,)
13. Make haste slowly.
14. Necessity has no law.
(Virtue and vice,)
15. Of honey and gall in love there is
16. Penny wise, pound foolish.
(A poor person)
17. Queen Anne is dead.
(I get the picture,)
18. Rain before seven, fine before
19. Salt water and absence wash away
love. (Natural laws,)
20. Take care of the pence, and the
pounds will take care of themselves.
21. Under a bad cloak lies a good
(A man is not to be judged by his look,)
22. Vainglory is a flower that bears no
23. Walls have ears.
(by Snowden , whistle‐blowing from
24. Ye may drink of the burn but not
bite of the brae.
25. Zeal has wings. (Quick-freezing,)
Just take good care of yourself!